Benefits of the TOTALPAC® N2 Units
This system includes all control valves, release control panel and the nitrogen generator which combined with our dry and preaction integrated system, can effectively inhibit electrochemical, galvanic and microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC), as well as protect against freeze-ups and ice plugs.
Protector Dry SMART Vent
- Corrosion inhibiting system that limits the liability of early pipe replacement
- All system’s electrical and mechanical components contained in one single unit
- Protector Dry SMART Vent directly installed inside the cabinet.
- Installed inside the cabinet, no remote installation required
- Facilitates patented «fill and purge» breathing process
- Pressure regulator prevents system depressurization
- Float valve prevents water discharge
- Requires no plumbing to drain
- Optional real-time nitrogen concentration monitored inside the cabinet
- Engineered for low energy consumption
- Simple and inexpensive to maintain
- Significant cost saving by using black pipe in combination with nitrogen
- No storage tank required, allowing smaller footprint
- No additional compressor required on most systems up to 250 gallons
The TOTALPAC® N2 Cabinet
Factory assembly of the TOTALPAC® N2 cabinets ensures that all components have been carefully integrated. All systems are fully programmed and tested at the factory which facilitates the onsite installation and commissioning process.
The FireFlex® cabinets are of the freestanding type and are made of robust 14 gauge steel with a corrosion resistant fire red paint finish, polyester powder-coated and oven-baked on a phosphate base. Cabinets are also provided with two locked frontal doors that are removable without special tools, reducing space requirements for ease of installation and maintenance. Furthermore, all doors are provided with a neoprene gasket to reduce vibrations.
- Factory assembled, programmed and tested under ISO-9001 standards
Uses the Viking Model F-1 Straight Through Deluge valve
- Optional Viking VFR-400 releasing control panel
- Compact, aesthetic and easy to move
- Neoprene gasket on all doors to eliminate vibrations
- No open drain cup inside unit
- Separate unlocked access hatch to
emergency manual release
- Serial number on every unit for easy
- User-friendly standardized owner’s manual with every unit
PGEN-5FF Nitrogen Generator
- Handles up to 950 gallons (3596 litres) of nitrogen for sprinkler piping capacity
- Initial sprinkler piping capacity lower than 250 gallons only requires the ECS® PGEN-5 FF compressor
- Pre-filters and pressure regulator
- Control panel with gauges, hour meter and power, bypass and vent switches.
Economical and Precise
The ECS® PGEN-5 FF system provide an economical, precise means of generating high purity nitrogen. Since air is comprised of ~79% N2, we simply and cost-effectively separate the N2 from the air. Nitrogen is an inert gas (noncombustible) and widely used in thousands of industries along with fire protection systems. The N2 is “generated” by means of the air compressor pushing air into the simple, safe membrane element, which in turn mechanically separates N2 molecules from other molecules found within air.
Multiple Models and Available Configurations
Our adaptability, in order to better meet our customers' needs, is our main priority.
The TOTALPAC® N2 unit is available in multiple configurations: non interlocked, single or double interlocked, dry, preaction, Surefire and FireCylcle types, all in sizes from 2” to 6” diameter.
- Non-interlocked with pneumatic or electric release
- Single interlocked with pneumatic or electric release
- Double interlocked with pneumatic-pneumatic, electric-pneulectric or electric-pneumatic release
- Available in standard 175 psi or HP 250 psi
Dimensions of the TOTALPAC® N2
Note : Dimensions and actual size may vary depending on options and configuration selected, please refer to data sheets for exact dimensions.
What TOTALPAC® N2 units are made of?
FireFlex systems are made of industry-recognized components. We’re proud to work with these amazing partners.
Renowned Control Panel
The Viking VFR-400 is cULus Listed, FM Approved and meets UL 864-9 requirements. It features onboard menu-driven programming with twelve pre-installed programs to facilitate set up.
The panel is compatible with multiple initiating devices such as: linear heat detection, smoke and heat detectors, waterflow indicators, low & high air pressure switches as well as manual pull stations.
Aligned with key NFPA Requirements
We are actively involved in supporting and training the fire protection practitioner at all levels—including industry-related associations such as NFPA, SFPE, AFSA, NFSA and ASPE.
Releasing Circuit Disconnect Switch
Required by NFPA 72 - 2010 Edition, this feature is standard on all ourTOTALPAC® N2 units and prevents accidental discharge during maintenance or inspection. Operation of the key switch physically disconnects the release circuit wiring and causes a trouble signal at the releasing control panel.
Why trust the FireFlex team and its systems?
Our cutting-edge systems are an alliance between research, development, quality & durability.
BECAUSE WE ARE INDUSTRY PIONEERS
Since its inception in 1991, FIREFLEX SYSTEMS has been designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art innovative integrated fire protection systems that set the benchmark in the market.
FOR THE WIDEST SELECTION AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET
FIREFLEX SYSTEMS offers the widest selection of integrated systems on the market. Regardless of the hazard to be protected, FIREFLEX is able to offer the best available technology with the widest range of options to suit all needs.
FOR OUR QUALITY CONTROL
FIREFLEX SYSTEMS' commitment, year after year, to quality and continuous improvement has resulted in achieving and maintaining its ISO 9001 quality certification. Its modern facilities are geared towards producing a high-volume of quality integrated systems in a factory-controlled setting.
FOR OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Whether it is through exhibits, conferences, lunch & learn presentations, technical seminars, Webinars or one-on-one technical discussions, FIREFLEX's technical sales representatives draw on their in-depth knowledge and expertise to provide a level of technical support that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
FOR OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Our customer service department is readily available to address any product related service call, replacement part or general operation and maintenance questions that may arise. All our integrated product lines possess a serial number which is entered into our database. This enables FIREFLEX to record and track service calls, replacement parts, or any system modifications that have been reported on individual units.
FOR OUR INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS
Actively involved with research and development, FIREFLEX embarked on a new endeavor to better serve the fire protection practitioner in addressing challenging fire protection scenarios that evolve in modern life.
ECS included & Optional Components
Designed with user-friendly features, the TOTALPAC® N2 units also includes quality components from ECS Corrosion.
ECS® In-Line Corrosion Detector (ILD)
- Only device that provides continuous real-time corrosion monitoring of the sprinkler system piping network
- UL Listed
- Matches sizes, schedule and material of system piping
- Provides 360° surface area to detect internal corrosion
- Thin wall section monitored by UL Listed/FM Approved pressure switch
- Available as an option
APPROVALS & STANDARD LISTING
Protector Handheld Gas Analyzer
Handheld battery powered device verifies nitrogen purity and measures gas concentration at vent sampling port or nitrogen generator discharge. It also features one button self-calibration. The gas analyzer is included in TOTALPAC® N2 cabinet
Protector Handheld Gas Analyzer
Riser Shut-off Valve Option
The riser shut-off valve option consists of a supervised butterfly valve which allows for a full flow trip test without flooding the system’s piping and a sight glass located on the main drain for visual indication of the water flow.
For easier maintenance the riser shut-off valve comes as an option on units. It consists of a supervised butterfly valve which allows for a full flow trip test without flooding the system’s piping and a sight glass located on the main drain for visual indication of the water flow.
Our modern manufacturing facility allows prefabrication and storage of the most common configurations, making our deliveries the fastest in the industry.
PROTECTOR SMART GAS ANALYZER (SGA-1)
Provides continuous real-time gas concentration of the system. Multiple signal outputs: contact closure, 0-5V DC and 4-20mA. Can be monitored by fire alarm or building management systems. Includes digital display. Paired with ECS® venting device for continuous supply. Comes as an option inside the TOTALPAC® N2 cabinet
PROTECTOR SMART GAS ANALYZER (SGA-1)
TOTALPAC N2 LISTING & Certificates
Certifications per type :
- Preaction: FM
- Firecycle® III Preaction: c-UL-us, NYC
- Firecycle® III Deluge: c-UL-us, NYC
- Firecycle® III Wet Pipe: c-UL-us, NYC
- SurefireTM Preaction: c-UL-us, FM, NYC
- Dry Pipe: FM
Talk To A Fire Protection Expert
Whether you want to select, specify, install or maintain our systems, you'll find in this section a range of useful documents related to our integrated systems. For further information, do not hesitate to contact our team of experts.